Easy Ways To Refresh Your Surrey Home – Part 1
Giving your home some easy TLC is a great way to brighten the gloom of January and February as we trudge on through the final stretches of a tedious winter. The great news is that you don’t have to move heaven and earth, reinvent the wheel or scale mountains – there are simple, straightforward, easy-to-adopt ways of sprinkling magic dust over your Surrey house or flat, breathing some life into it while simultaneously giving your own emotions a much-needed lift. Here are some of our favourite ways of working wonders so that the place you call home once again merits that term, becoming a haven from the outside world and its attendant pressures, a place where you can seek refuge and relaxation in equal measure.
- Clean skirting boards, door frames, door handles and light switches. In just a few minutes, you can run a very slightly damp cloth over these areas that so often get overlooked in our normal cleaning throughout the year. Or use the appropriate fitting of your vacuum cleaner. In particular, light switches and door handles will be covered in oily fingerprints and in desperate need of some reviving.
- Clean your bathroom’s extractor fan. It’s probably coated with layers of filth that create a dispiriting sight every time you’re trying to enjoy a shower. You can use a toothbrush to assist you with this job and even remove the unit if necessary, making sure you follow all the precautions noted in the manual.
- Eliminate cobwebs – go from room to room with an extendable duster and get rid of these unsightly, dust-catching things.
- Rearrange your furniture – just try some different arrangements and new approaches and give your sitting room a five-minute facelift.
- Vacuum under the beds – although we can’t see it, we know that beneath our beds it doesn’t take long for layers of dust and debris to gather; hardly conducive to peaceful sleep because we know it’s there, almost mocking us. So, time to move the beds out of the way and clean underneath.